Objective: to deliver products that provide value and joy to users as leader of a dynamic, sharp, engaged, and focused team.
Entrepreneurially minded, diversely talented, and driven software engineering professional. Backed by 25 years of experience in software product engineering, leadership, management, architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations. Expert know-how and continuing interest in asynchronous and distributed computing, network communications, library factoring, and abstraction for component reuse. Highly proficient building systems as a principal engineer, as well as leading and managing technical development teams. Focused on investing in the individuals on and near my teams to grow them both technically and professionally. The ideal position would start with a challenging problem that will improve the world, combined with a smart, energetic team that has the freedom to make it happen.
- Architecture and implementation of software systems
- Distributed systems, actors, concurrency, and message passing
- Object, functional, and component oriented software
- Dynamic languages and meta-programming
- Visualization and graphics
- Continuous Integration, Testing, and Deployment
- Mentorship of software engineers and technical managers
- Technical management, coaching, and mentorship
- Design Thinking & Service Design approaches to product development
- Business roadmap, vision, and planning
- Entrepreneurship, measurement, and marketing