In the Chief Development Officer role, I worked with the CTO and CEO to establish our product vision, direction, platform, and high-level requirements. Using a kanban-based agile development process, our 7-person technical startup team defined and built:
- a microservice-based distributed backend on Docker and Swarm
- a Microsoft Word add-in using .NET
- a collaboration app for use on mobile, desktop, and web-based use in ReactJS
- a CI/CD workflow using Gitlab-CI, AWS S3, and Docker Swarm
- a scalable UI-first testing platform for automated end-to-end validation
In the Principal Engineer role, I developed ~90% of the company's core intellectual property, defined the cryptographic data security architecture, and the backend microservice architecture. I built the combined continuous build and interactive development tooling for our Docker-based microservice architecture, improving developer productivity, lowering difficulty of developing docker services, and simplifying debugging.